This week are looking for your nominations on the topic of pride and being proud. For more on how to interpret the theme, keep an eye on the comments.
You have until 11pm on Monday 16 October to post your nomination and make your justification. Regular RR contributor Pairubu will select from your recommendations and produce a playlist, which will be published on 12 October.
Here is a list of all songs previously picked and therefore ineligible for the series.
If you want to volunteer to compile a playlist from readers’ suggestions – and potentially blog about the process/selection for the Guardian – please email [email protected] with the subject line “RR guru”, or make yourself known in the comments.
Here’s a reminder of the guidelines for RR:
- Tell us why it’s a worthy contender.
- Quote lyrics if helpful, but for copyright reasons no more than a third of a song’s words. If sharing links, make sure there is appropriate copyright permission.
- Listen to others people’s suggestions and add yours to a collaborative Spotify playlist.
- If you have a good theme, or if you’d like to volunteer to compile a playlist from readers’ suggestions, please email [email protected]
- There’s a wealth of data on RR, including the songs that are “zedded”, at the Marconium. It also tells you the meaning of “zedded” (picked for a previous playlist so ineligible), “donds” and other strange words used by RR regulars.
- Many RR regulars also congregate at the ’Spill blog.